- begin with the number one because that's how lists start, make sure number one is interesting because you kind of set the mood for the rest of the list
- google playlists for books because there are people who match songs to parts of books and its like perfectly matched background music for that scene in the book, epic example the fight scene in the relentless novel got matched with jungle by x ambassadors. epic. as. shit.
- go on goodreads and join fan clubs for your books/authors so you can remember there are other people with obsessions and you arent crazy. or at least youre not alone.
- make snacks based off the books youve read. if you that intense crazy book person go pintrest some "hunger games" snacks and eat them while reading
- watch the movies and compare them to the books, while some were great amazing close to the book the boys just as cute in real life (harry potter, the hunger games, etc.) some suck but and white wash the characters you know and love (maximum ride) then brag about how "the book was better" because the book is always better
- start a book blog
- read all my previous posts because you love me and then comment on them because you love me
- watch book trailers and hunt through recs and goodreads and start your to read list
- grow the to read list like its a small child or a plant in you practice celibacy. nurture the list. love the list. read the list. repeat.
- JOIN A FANDOM. YOU WILL PROBABLY REGRET IT BUT AT THE SAME TIME GO FIND YOUR FAMILY. stay away from some of the shadowhunter fandoms some of those get super shady super fast. shadow. shady. that was not intended but I respect myself for it none the less.
- go search amazon for literally any book merch you can find and start hording
- find out what faction you would be in (I got erudite which i find super dumb because i find myslef super dumb. if i were to be in one tbh i think i would be in dauntless or amite because im a loving human who enjoys jumping off tall structures.)
- turn me in for being divergent
Friday, November 3, 2017
Should I be paying attention in class? ya probably? am i gonna keep asking myself questions and answering them? eh ya. is my grammar going to get better because im writing in school and trying to reach a larger audience? no i told yall i just write and click publish i do zero editing and that wont be changing. anyways if im being completely truthful school has been kicking my butt and i havent really had time to read. cry for me. sad sad tears of a clown. ive been either writing essay, worksheets, labs and if i have five seconds i bury myself in wattpad because that requires zero commitment and its a fun place to get lost in. but because im bored and wanted to write but havent read anything i thought lets make a list. i dont really know but we are gonna list but it should probably be book related and YA related and amusing.
Sunday, August 20, 2017
helllllllloooooooooo blogspot.com! should I be writing college essays instead of staying up to talk to you assholes? yes. yes i should. should I aim to not use the word asshole, have better grammar, and maybe use punctuation correctly because colleges will be searching me and find this and be appalled? yes. yes i should. was that a run on sentence? yes. yes it was. but in all honesty this is the only place i have a voice, if someone finds it and doesn't like what they find I'm sorry. but this is me. poorly punctuated, unedited, and makes zero sense. but why do i write these intros pouring ou toy soul when you just want to hear about the book? fine you greedy gremlins. its almost midnight so sit back and grab a snack now if you want one. the marked girl by Lindsey Klingele is kind of an awesome book. for those of us who have ever felt like on day you'll pick faction or get your hogwarts letter...this is for you. THATS RIGHT GUYS. ONE OF THOSE AMAZING BOOKS WHERE THE NORMAL QUIRKY HUMAN GIRL REALIZES SHES SPECIAL. AND YOU CAN IMAGINE YOUR HER AND ANY MOMENT SOMETHING EXTRAORDINARY WILL HAPPEN TO YOU AND YOU CAN KEEP DOING THIS UNTIL YOURE 80 AND YOU REALIZE LIFES PASSED YOU BY. real talk this is why i see a therapist. okay anyways I love books like this where they're based in the normal world with a normal person because you can imagine if only for a moment that it was you. I mean its not but dream on bud. so this chick Liv is a normal quirky human *see what i meant* she makes films and stuff and one day she's by this bridge with her friends when a portal for another dimension pops open like a daisy and a few good looking mother worlders come tumbling out. its LA so no one thinks its weird or anything. I'm pretty sure this is circa lindsey lohan's breakdown so.......the world had more important things to focus on. so turns out he's from an different universe and he needs to get home to save his family and do important things like fight monsters. one of the funniest aspects of the book is that the portal people are from a different world and know nothing about ours so its just 24/7 confusion about stuff like why can't I carry my sword into this diner. so they kind of end up teaming up to open this portal and it turns out she's a part of this and has a way bigger role than they thought. there are some side hoes who come in, he has some friends and she has some siblings who come help. theres a bad guy who's motives are still somewhat confusing to me but im assuming the sequel will clear it up. lets just go ahead and say its revenge. the writings clever, the plots interesting, and I can pretend I'm the main character and ill get to go on adventures on day. I would highly recommend reading this its one of my new favorite books. for real. read it. again I had people message me asking me if i get paid for this and I'm just saying I like it for cash. let me just say: who would pay for a page of grammatical error. I mean really have you read my writing? I one hundred percent don't get paid for this. and I review books I hate and I will happily make more hate reviews because as sick as this sounds I can channel my aggression by hating on books. so I guess tune in for proof I'm not getting paid for this. and other books I enjoy.
thanks for reading
thanks for reading